Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ezra Marcos at Suite 106 for June's Artwalk!!!

Greetings everyone! Thanks for stopping by to read my blog! This is a really important blog post...so keep reading!

This coming Art Walk I will be doing a LIVE shoot to raise money for Compassionate Families! About 4 or 5 years back, I did quite a bit of collaborative work with Compassionate Families...so I am very familiar with their services...and they were one of the best agencies I had a chance to work with! Compassionate Families is a non-profit agency (but very, very grassroots) that works with families (especially children) that have lost a loved one due to murder. You can read about them here.

This is the deal...you need to come and show support! The live shoot will be based around the theme of diversity...but that's all I'm going to say, b/c I don't want to spoil the surprise! After the shoot is over, I will post process the images right there on the spot...and my goal is to have a large print on display before the end of the night!!! That print will be auctioned off...100% of the proceeds will go to Compassionate Families. Additionally, once I've completed the post processing...around 7pm...I will be doing portraits for a $10 donation...and you'll get your print right then!

Follow me so far? Cool! Another thing...this one is for up&coming photographers...even hobbyists! I'll be offering 4 days of "don't call it a workshop" thingy. The thingies will be broken down into 4 subjects....shooting manual, composition, lighting/lifestyle shoot, and post processing! Each subject will be about 3-4 hours...it's very fast pace...very hands-0n...and I promise you'll have some practical skills at the end of each "session". The cost is minor...and 100% will benefit Compassionate Families. So what's the cost? A $60 donation! If you want to give more, then I won't stop you! (You'll need a DSLR and a Nikon camera...ok...just joking...but a DSLR is necessary!)

The event will take place during the June Art Walk...that's June 2nd. The location will be Suite 106, which is inside of the Jacksonville Landing (it's one of the Off the Grid galleries). Joey Thate and Kim Barry have been super awesome letting me use some of their gallery space...and they will also have some of their work up...I suspect surprises from them too!!! The shoot will start at 5pm...and around 7pm I will start photographing whoever wants photos of themselves!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 904-338-3901 or at ezra@ezramarcos.com
And if you want to reserve your spot for the "don't call it a workshop" thingy, you can contact me now...or reserve your spot at the Art Walk!

Hope to see you there...and they do too (Kim & Joey on the scooter)!


Suite 106
at The Landing
an OFF THE GRID Gallery
in fellowship with Downtown Vision
and The Jacksonville Cultural Council

No comments:

Post a Comment